Department: Monitoring & Evaluation:
Knowledge Management Team
Job title: Manager – Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
Key Contact Points for the Position Holder –
Global MEL Manager, KM Specialist and Program Lead India.
Water for People India is a non-profit organization which supports people of developing countries to improve their quality of life by promoting of locally sustainable drinking water sources, sanitation facilities and health and hygiene programs. We believe that access to safe water and adequate sanitation are basic human rights and can help put an end to needless suffering and mortality from water related preventable diseases.
Water for People India initiated its operations in West Bengal in 1996 in Nadia and North 24 Parganas districts. Consistent with the global vision and mission, we exist to promote the development of high-quality drinking water and sanitation services, accessible to all, and sustained by strong communities, businesses, and governments. Our organizational values are: accountability, courage, empowerment, partnership and transparency. Water For People India programs have been implemented in 26 districts in the states of West Bengal, Bihar, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Odisha and Assam.
In all, nearly 1.2 million people have been reached through community drinking water and sanitation, WASH in public institutions and market led approaches to sanitation. By 2023, Water For People India programs aim to directly benefit 2.7 million people. We aim to build capacities at the district level which will contribute to organizational commitments, thereby indirectly benefitting 14.8 million people. Water For People India implements programs through locally registered non- government organizations.
- Connects to the Mission – embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development
- Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – understands ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensures that own behaviour is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Demonstrates Cultural Awareness – shows empathy and integrity; able to engage the wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Connects with Others – demonstrates exceptional communications and interpersonal skills, exceptional networker, key influencer, and be comfortable representing Water For People across a wide variety of audiences
- Action-oriented – has an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work products.
- Manages through Ambiguity – demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in responding to change and ambiguity.
- Self-confident – handles tough questions or critique in a professional manner assuming the best intentions, open to feedback and coaching.
Scope of the Position
The Manager Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) will work as MEL Lead for Water for People, India. This Position is based at Delhi.
The position holder will contribute to the country program and will Support organization-wide learning through dissemination of information and dialogue on new and emergent methodologies and technologies, evaluation and measurement results, recommendations and lessons learned.
MEL Manager will collaborate with Knowledge Management team & Global MEL team while contributing to the program development strategies and coordinating with Program Lead, India.
Additional Responsibilities –
- Depending on location, may be required to regularly work a flexible schedule to engage in meetings across a range of time zones.
- Required to work outside of normal business hour to engage in meetings across a range of time zones as well as while traveling and when hosting visitors.
Summary Of the Overall Job
Programme Development and Management
Reporting and Documentation
Monitoring & Learning
Undertake capacity building of the programme team as well as the partners on M&E tools and formats, data collection, analysis and interpretation and use of M&E results for better planning and programme implementation, as required.
Representing Water For People at various forums
Any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager/Country Director/Managing Trustee
Education, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, Management, or related field.
- Any additional qualification/ expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene would be preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PSS, EPIinfo, KOBO/ODK PowerPoint etc.) Proficient in Data analysis and visualization Knowledge of COMM Care and PowerBi At least five-year experience working in monitoring and evaluation preferred. Strong data collection, analysis, and report writing skills required. Ability to work independently, think analytically and take initiative in solving problems. Ability to communicate technical issues effectively. Experience in conducting assessment. Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally managed M&E activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender integration and social inclusion.
- Connects to Mission: Passionate about contributing to addressing the water, sanitation, and hygiene issues. Associates with Water for People’s vision, mission, and program approach to achieve SDG 6.
- Analytical Skills: Should be able to analyse the simplest and most critical data with same expertise.
- Builds Team and Talent: Approachable, inspires confidence, engaged, and develops talented people contributing to individual and organisational capability.
- Uses Critical Thinking: Ability to think long-term and the capability to form and present long range plans with a multi-disciplinary team. Sees possibilities, opportunities, innovative ideas, managing competing priorities. Should also be able to demonstrate self-awareness & ethical awareness.
- Connects with Others: Effortless inter-personal, written outreach and people’s engagement skills, resourceful and data driven and knowledge of different fundraising approaches. Ability to cooperate and collaborate with senior leadership – external and within the organization.
- Learning Culture: Has a strong desire to learn and inspire the teams to learn. Engage with experts to nurture cutting edge techniques and innovation to be part of inspirational conversations.
Application Dates – 6th to 17th December 2023.
How to Apply – Please send your application on [email protected] with a copy to monica@kaeleste,com along with a letter of interest describing your suitability for the position.
Water For People is committed to have diversity and inclusion as integral part of its culture, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, to apply.
We offer a flexible work arrangement to our staff & strongly encourage the use of flexible working arrangements and the application of technology in day-to-day work environment.
Gender Equality: WFP is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including Maternity Leave, Period leaves and fully compliant with Maternity Act in India.